Sunday, June 14

A different shade of grey

Make your mind up; don’t pull me on a string. Treat me like a person, like I mean something. Don’t say you care if you really don’t. Don’t say you’d cry if I was hanging by a rope. Don’t lead me on & then drop me at the end. Don’t let me make the mistake of calling you my friend.
Make your mind up; was this ever real? Do you care what I say & how I feel? Don’t put me in a position you know will end bad. Don’t hate me if things you say cause me to get mad. Don’t betray my trust & expect it to be okay. Don’t everything you want from me to come your way.
Make your mind up; am I worth your time? Should I keep on bothering with these stupid rhymes? Don’t treat me like I’m nothing & then expect a hug. Don’t rip my heart out & squish it like a bug. Don’t shuffle through your emotions like you’re picking a card. Don’t abandon me every time things get hard.
Make your mind up; do you want this part of me? Are you sure it’s still my face every day you want to see? Don’t act like I’m a price you have to pay. Don’t Force yourself to speak if you have nothing to say. Don’t dig a hole to bury me in. Don’t expect
that every time we’re going to win.
I will always be the different shade of grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment